Salary: £ Commensurate with experience
Closing Date: 5th Oct
Situated on the banks of the River Dee. Founded in 1907 Caldy Golf Club is a thriving private members club with 750 members and regarded as one of the best courses in the Wirral and Cheshire Areas.
The Club Board are seeking to appoint a forward-thinking manager who will be able to take the club forward, embracing up to date management practices whilst recognising the traditions of golf. Ensuring that the offer from the club at every level provides a memorable experience for all members and visitors. Working closely with the Board of Directors to develop a clear vision for the long-term future of this high-quality members club. The vacancy arises as a result of the retirement of the present Club Manager, who will be available for a hand over period.
The successful candidate will ideally possess:
- An adaptable, enthusiastic approach with an ability to communicate and develop relationships at all levels with strong leadership skills.
- A proven track record in golf club management or a similar industry / sector.
- Strong Leadership, communication and people management skills with the ability to motivate and manage a small direct team and relationships within the club.
- Strong marketing skills to attract new members, to retain existing members and to maximise all income streams
- A bright and positive outlook at all times with a tenacious and can-do attitude.
- Good organisational and communication skills
- Pro-active management skills the golf business through continuous improvement and innovation, developing the Strategic Review with the Club Board.
- A sound knowledge of bar and catering operations, compliance matters in respect of Health and Safety, Employment Law and Pensions legislation relevant to a Golf Club.
- A proven financial management, reporting and budgetary control including the delivery of monthly and annual reports in a timely manner.
- IT skills should ideally include Microsoft Windows and Office, Sage Accounting software, Golf software ClubV1, BRS, HowDidIDo, Website, and social media.
- An appreciation of golf, its rules and the traditions and ethos of a private members club
- Highest levels of integrity and diplomacy with an understanding of relevant legislation and regulations.
How to Apply
Applications with a covering letter and full CV (please include current position and salary) should be sent in confidence to: email@example.com